Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Top Movies of 2006

...a little past the year's mid-point.

A few things first:

1. I have yet to see several movies thus far that might rank highly on my list.

2. This year's crop of blockbusters has, to date, left me feeling underwhelmed.

3. If you've seen something that's not on my list then please let me know, unless: (a) it stars Adam Sandler (b) is one of those annoying parody movies (c) serves only to make a blanket statement about the evil nature of conservatives and/or President Bush (yes, I know that #2 on my list conradicts that).

On to the list:
1. United 93 10/10
2. An Inconvenient Truth 8/10
3. Thank You For Smoking 8/10
4. Brick 8/10
5. V for Vendetta 7/10
6. Superman Returns 6/10
7. The Breakup 6/10
8. The Da Vinci Code 6/10
9. X Men 3: The Last Stand 6/10
10. Underworld: Evolution 6/10
11. Grandma's Boy 5/10

Movies I missed in the theater, but that I still want to see: Inside Man, District B-13, MI: 3, Why We Fight, Art School Confidential, Lucky Number Slevin

Movies in theaters now that I want to see: The Puffy Chair, Keeping Up With the Steins

Movies in theaters now that I will never see: Click, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Movies opening soon that I will definitely see in the theater: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, A Scanner Darkly, Clerks II, Lady In the Water, Little Miss Sunshine, Snakes on a Plane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats analysis