Tuesday, July 25, 2006

As Promised... My Look Back at 2005

Not sure if I promised it here or over at my MySpace Blog, but no matter, I've wanted to revisit my 2005 rankings for a while now.

In order, grouped by overall rating:

9: (3)
Capote
Pride & Prejudice
Cinderella Man

8: (15)
The Squid and the Whale
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Junebug
Elizabethtown
Everything Is Illuminated
Batman Begins
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Munich
The Constant Gardener
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
King Kong
The Weather Man
Broken Flowers
Corpse Bride

7: (11)
Happy Endings
Oliver Twist
Wedding Crashers
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Domino
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Four Brothers
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Lord of War
The War Within
The Interpreter

6: (16)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Kingdom of Heaven
Match Point
Waiting...
The Island
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Hitch
London
The Upside of Anger
A History of Violence
American Pie Presents Band Camp
Bad News Bears
Fever Pitch
Red Eye
Elektra

5: (9)
Sin City
War of the Worlds
Must Love Dogs
The Dukes of Hazzard
Fantastic Four
House of 9
Just Friends
The Longest Yard
The Exorcism of Emily Rose

4: (1)
Thumbsucker

3: (1)
Stealth

So... what did I underrate? Overrate? When I have some time I may look at where my ratings coincided and conflicted with that of the IMDB consensus and the Tomatometer, respectively. And who knows? I may revisit these again at year's end, since I am still obviously missing some well-received films from last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats analysis